ALTHOUGH THE BEAUTY BANK CLOSED ON 31 DECEMBER 2020, IT IS WORTH NOTING THAT THE FOLLOWING NOTES APPLY TO DONATING TO ANY CHARITY.
IF YOU WOULDN’T GIVE IT TO A MATE – DON’T DONATE
1. Due to health regulations, all products MUST be new. Charities cannot accept any open or partly used items.
2. Products should be unopened, new (ie purchased recently specifically to donate) and in date. We make our packs as gifts to the recipients so only give the charity or organisation what you would be happy to receive
3. Charities dislike having to dispose of product that arrives used or has clearly been purchased some time prior to donation and is showing age. Disposal costs time and money for an organisation.
Please find a local charity and offer to donate any of the following to them. These are the items that went in our Life’s Little Luxuries bags and the list was compiled by both The Beauty Bank volunteers and recipients.
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Hairbrushes and combs
- Facewashers or body puffs
- Body wash/Shower gel
- Hand cream
- Body lotion
- Lip balm
- Deodorants – for women and men
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Sanitary items
- Skincare items
- Makeup items
- Men’s small gift pack toiletries
- Women’s small gift pack toiletries
- Gift cards and movie vouchers
- Candles (small or medium size)
- Jewellery (new only please)
- Large zippered handbags or tote bags (they have to fit all of the above products!) and cosmetic purses either new or in excellent condition
- Scarves (either new or freshly washed in EXCELLENT condition)
- Anything else you would class life’s little luxuries or would be happy to receive as a gift yourself!